top of page

Do you have to file a Schedule C?

If you received a Form 1099-NEC, Nonemployee Compensation, for a payment received as a result of a one-time event, are you required to report the income on a Schedule C?

It depends.

If the activity was not conducted continuously and regularly to make a profit then it’s considered hobby income and reported as other income on Schedule 1.

However, if you've been thinking about starting a business that will require you to report your business income and expenses on a Schedule C, your 1099-NEC could become your first entry on your first Schedule C.

To learn more, contact MNM Vested, LLC.


Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page